Vorzeitiger Mutterschutz (English)

bearbeitet 19. 03. 2019, 11:29 in Schwangerschaft
Hi,

I hope someone can help here, I was just wondering if anyone had any information on how vorzeitiger Mutterschutz works. Is it possible to go on Mutterschutz from the end of the 13th week? My doctor told me that I would be off from the 22nd March(13w6t), but from what I've read online it is normally from the end of the 15th week, is that correct?

Thank you!
Lauren

Kommentare

• Hi everyone,

Anyone who can help Lauren? That'd be great.

Thank you all,
    Admin
  • Hi Lauen, I just know that the "vorzeitige Mutterschutz" is possible by the end of the 15th week. You need a document from your gynecologist. You have to go with this document to the Amtsarzt. But you have to coordinate an appointment (I recommend to call the Amtsartz). The Amtsarzt checks the document and decides if you can go to the "vorzeitige Mutterschutz" or not. I

read on the WKO Homepage (german: https://www.wko.at/service/arbeitsrecht-sozialrecht/Beschaeftigungsverbot.html) that it could also be earlier if there are some
    special medical reasons. But I can not find which these reasons are. I am sure your gynecologist should know them.

I hope I could help you :-)

Regards Judith
  • Thank you! @JudithM - this is also what I've read online that you can only go from the end of the 15th week. I'm supposed to see my Dr tomorrow to get the document I need for going on vorzeitiger Mutterschutz but not sure if she just mixed up my dates.

On this site it does mention 'before the end of 15th week I think? But not sure in what context and if this would apply.

Die Ausstellung eines Freistellungszeugnisses vor Ablauf der 15. Schwangerschaftswoche ist bei Vorliegen dieser Indikationen nur zulässig, wenn besondere Umstände das frühere Beschäftigungsverbot zwingend erforderlich machen.

https://www.infofueraerzte.at/index.php/2018/01/vorzeitiger-mutterschutz-regelung/

Sorry for all of this being in English, but my German is definitely not at a level where I could explain this!

Thanks again for your help!
    Lauren

Hey! 1 Frage - 100 Antworten!
Im BabyForum kannst du dich einfach, sicher und anonym mit (werdenden) Mamas und Papas in deiner Nähe austauschen. Registriere dich jetzt, um alle Bereiche zu sehen und mitzuplaudern:Kostenlos registrieren

Social Media & Apps

Registrieren im Forum